Non – Surgical Procedures
Many Orthopedic problems can be successfully treated without surgery, as surgery is rarely the first line of treatment for most patients.
- Sport Concussion Management: We provide in-depth evaluation for our student and non-student athletes that includes a SCAT and VOMS evaluation along with ImPACT computerized testing with treatment plans tailored for the individual.
- Viscosupplementation: A fluid naturally occurring in human joints that coats and lubricates the joint . Hyaluronate is injected into the joint easing the pain of moderate to severe degenerative arthritis providing immediate relief. It generally improves the quality of life for patients awaiting or seeking to postpone total joint replacement.
- Steroid Injections: A key component to non-surgical pain management and critical to successful long-term management of recurrent back and joint pain. These injections can offer immediate relief for severe pain. These injections are not typically utilized as a permanent solution and are most often used in conjunction with physical therapy.
- Ultrasound Guided Hip Injections: For the athlete that develops hip pain from running or overuse to the arthritic hip, this treatment can help resolve pain in the hip with precision.
- Plasma Rich Protein (PRP) Injections: Developed for professional athletes, PRP is your own body’s blood components which are centrifuged, concentrated, and injected into areas of chronic tendonitis. Most often used for tennis elbow, Achilles or patellar tendonitis; has shown great efficacy in areas which are not amenable to steroid injections.
- Exertional Compartment Testing: A test for lower leg pain that is caused by increased pressure from exercise. This allows an accurate diagnosis for this condition.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
With today's advancement in technology, many joint disorders can be treated with a minimally invasive approach called arthroscopic surgery. Instead of large incisions in the skin which can lead to unsightly scars and a longer recovery, arthroscopic surgery involves creating small "poke" holes in the skin, where a pencil sized camera and instruments are inserted in the joint to see and treat the problem. The surgeons of COSM are leaders in the field, attend and instruct nationally, and train the next generation of Orthopaedic surgeons. We are one of the few centers offering all arthroscopic options for shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, and ankle conditions.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Ankle Arthroscopy
Whether you need a total hip, knee, or shoulder replacement, surgery for a fractured bone, or even carpal tunnel or bunion surgery, COSM offers outstanding care for those undergoing established orthopaedic procedures.
- Shoulder Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Fracture Management
- Tendon Repair
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Bunion treatment
The goal of our physical therapy treatments is to help patients return to complete independence as soon as possible. Our therapists will work with your insurance to ensure we maximize your results and consider possible treatments rendered in the future. The physical therapy division of COSM offers one-on-one attention and concentrates on prescribing physical therapy exercises that enable patients to resume regular movement, control inflammation, and help prevent future injuries.
- Ankle, Foot, Hand, and Other Bone Injuries
- Arm, Back, Knee, Leg, Neck, and Shoulder Pain
- Fingers, Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Automobile, Sports, Work, and Other Injuries
- Osteoarthritis and Other Arthritic Conditions
- Pre-Surgical Preparation and Post-Surgical Recovery
- Other Acute and Chronic Orthopaedic Disorders
Please contact us at P: 773-433-3130 F: 773-433-3125